Via: Budget Style
1. Watch for Sales – Right now the sales are geared toward clearing out summer merchandise, but throughout the month of August you will begin seeing pre-season sales on fall and winter goods. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is always one of the very first sales of the year to target these goods, but if you missed that one there will be plenty of others!
2. Check out Thrift and Consignment Stores – Early signs point to 90s fashions being all the rage again this fall and winter, and the best place to find those styles is at your local thrift store. Or, check out sites like ThredUp, which is an online thrift store. Not only will you find authentic 90s fashions, but you’ll likely find them for less!
3. Get on Your Favorite Stores’ E-mail Lists – One of the easiest ways to save is to get on your favorite stores’ e-mail lists. Yes, there is a good chance that they will bombard your inbox with constant news, which is why I recommend setting up a second “junk” account to catch mail like this. While there will be plenty of emails that you do not want to receive, retailers often give their subscribers an early heads-up about any sales or coupons they may be offering.
4. Follow your Favorite Stores on Social Media – If you prefer not to give your email address away, consider following your favorite stores on social media. Stores will often share their discounts on Facebook, Twitter, and now even Instagram. Keeping up with their feeds is a great way to learn about any discounts that may help you save even more on your fall wardrobe!
5. Use Apps for Bigger Savings – Apps can help you save big at the stores that utilize them! The Target Cartwheel App is one of my absolute favorites because it is chock-full of coupons that are not available anywhere else and it will help you save big at Target. Another great app is the ShopYour Way App utilized by Sears and Kmart. If a store-specific app isn’t available, check out the RetailMeNot App, which will alert you to coupons – including mobile coupons – available at your preferred store.
6. Join Rewards Programs – If there are stores that you frequent you MUST join their rewards program! If you don’t, you are likely just throwing away savings and possible free items! The beauty reward programs at stores like ULTA and Sephora are some of the best, if you’re planning on stocking up on new beauty products for fall, but JCPenney Rewards and Kohl’s Yes 2 You Rewards is another great option.
7. Use Cash Back Shopping Sites – If you’re planning on doing your shopping online then it is well worth your while to shop through a site like Ebates or ShopatHome.com where you will earn cash back on your purchase. Yes, real cash back, just for doing your everyday shopping!